Thursday, October 23, 2014

Ma Vacance de Rêve

Ok.. maybe that was google translated.
For all you non-french-speakers out there it says "my dream vacation".
For my entire life I have wanted to nothing more than to go to Paris. When I was 6 or 7 my mom started teaching me how to count and say basic words in french. I forgot almost all of it between then and when I began taking french classes in 7th grade, but French has always been an interest of mine. My favorite restaurant (and birthday dinner destination of choice) is one of the French restaurants in my town, and I'm definitely a big believer in a good crêpe.

My mother always said that when I was 13 if I knew enough french she would take me to Paris (a city she knows like the back of her hand). Long story short my 13th birthday fell at the beginning of the recession, and each birthday since plans have either fallen through or been forgotten about. So here I am, about to turn 18, still never having to to Paris. While I feel very lucky to have gotten the chance to go on the vacations I have been on, Paris seemed like it would never happen… until August.

After getting home from good old summer camp mommy dearest casually dropped the news that I may want to think of a friend who I would want to take to Paris. This was an extremely big surprise and some of the best news I think I've ever heard. A few months later I have a friend, a plan, a plane ticket, and an apartment booked for our Paris vacation in March.

Kerry and I have been friends since pretty much the day we arrived at Kent sophomore year and have shared everything from secrets, to guys, to clothes, to beds. We've truly been through it all and I cannot wait to have this girl by my side as we take Paris!

While there we have a lot planned… Between Notre-Dame, Le Tour Eiffel, Le vin de rosé, et le louvre, it will be an amazing eight days. The possibility of a day in London is also looking good right now, so we essentially cannot wait. I'm so excited to share with you guys as more details are planned, but for now all I can say is it promises to be un bon voyage!


Do you have any trips coming up? What have your favorite vacations been?

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment